- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white rum
- 1/4 (60 ml) brown rum
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) sweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup (235 ml) pineapple juice
- 2 cups (320 ml) water
- 1 1/3 cups (320 ml) maraschino cherry syrup
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) pineapple, diced
- 1/3 sachet (1.6 g) CALCIUM LACTATE
- 1 sachet (2 g) SODIUM ALGINATE
- 1 sachet (2 g) SOY LECITHIN
ENCAPSULATED PINA COLADA
Pour the white rum, the dark rum, the sweetened coconut milk and the pineapple juice into a bowl. Using a spoon, mix in the CALCIUM LACTATE.
Pour the mixture into half-spherical molds and place in the freezer for 1 hour or until the spheres are completely frozen.
Using a hand blender, dissolve the SODIUM ALGINATE into the water and let sit for 5 minutes.
Remove the frozen piña colada spheres from the mold and place them in the sodium alginate bath. Let sit for 5 minutes. while stirring delicately with a spoon.
Using a slotted spoon, scoop out the spheres, rinse them in a bowl of water and remove excess moisture by blotting the bottom of the slotted spoon against a paper towel.
Combine maraschino cherry syrup and the SOY LECITHIN in a flat-bottomed rectangular bowl.
Using a hand blender, incorporate air bubbles into the solution for 3 to 4 minutes and let sit for 5 minutes. Scoop off the foam with a spoon.
Serve the piña colada spheres on top of the diced pineapple, garnished with cherry foam.