- 1 cup of mini Bocconcini cheese
- 4 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 4 big tomatoes
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 sachet of Agar-Agar (2 g)
- You will need 300 ml of fresh tomato and basil juice for 1 sachet of Agar-Agar. So you may need more tomatoes depending on how big and how juicy your tomatoes are.
- Salt and pepper to taste
Juice half of the cherry tomatoes, your 4 big tomatoes and the fresh basil (keeping a few of the smaller leaves for plating).
Filter your tomato & basil juice and pour it in a pan. Add salt to taste and the agar-agar sachet. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
Pour your mixture into your plate and/or bowls. Refrigerate.
In the meantime, cut your cherry tomatoes, prepare your basil and Bocconcini.
After 20 minutes, your tomato juice will have jellified. Remove from the refrigerator and plate your cherry tomatoes, Bocconcini and basil leaves. Add some salt and pepper to taste.
Tip: you could add vinegar, olive oil or even prepare some balsamic vinegar caviar! Follow this recipe to know how to make caviar